Pages

Friday 20 December 2019

SLJ Activity #1 Setting sail

For day 1 activity number 1, our task was to come up with 10 foods that we would take on a three week trip while we are at sea. We had no electricity so we could not take things such as raw meat that needed to be cooked. In our list, we had to explain why we chose those items. Here is my activity!



1) I chose Almond and Cashew mix because they are really filling foods.

2) I picked a bag/basket filled with oranges because they can last 3 weeks they also prevent scurvy. (An illness due to the lack of vitamin C)

3) I chose a loaf of bread because I like bread.

4) A drink bottle filled with water because I wouldn't like to be dehydrated.

5) I chose Coconut water because it is full of electrolights. (Coconut water is low in calories, rich in potassium, and cholesterol and fat free. It is proven that in some areas it is better than water but it is not very hydrating.)

6) A bunch of carrots because carrots taste good and they help me feel better when I get sick.

7) Raspberry jam so that I can have something on my bread.

8) Canned Fruit becuase it would last longer than bananas or other fruit.

9) I chose canned fish as well because I could also have that on my bread.

10) I chose something canned again and that is canned meat. It would be something like pickled silverside. It might not taste great but it is better than eating raw meat.

I made all the pictures myself as you could probably tell.



Thanks for taking your time to read my list. Good luck on your activities if you are doing the SLJ!

1 comment:

  1. Bula Nevaeh,

    Well done on completing your first Summer Learning Journey blog post. I am looking forward to reading your posts over the summer.

    Well done on creating the images to go on your poster! They are really well done.

    I like that you have chosen foods that will help you from getting sick and keep you healthy on a long sailing trip. The oranges to help with scurvy is a good one, as well as the coconut water to keep your electrolytes up over the trip.

    If you had to take someone on your trip with you, who would it be?

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.