Pages

Monday 18 March 2019

The House That Swayed





The house that swayed I walked up to the swaying house.
The wind was blowing my hair away from my face. I walked up to the door shaking and shivering
in fear. I walked up the stairs at the front door. I lightly knocked on the door. There was no answer. I slowly crept back down the stairs and out to the lawn only to see the door had started creaking open. I walked up to it a little quicker this time and walked inside.

 I looked around. There was a swirling staircase with a flickering chandelier hanging above. There were branches knocking at the door asking to come in. I lightly walked up the stairs.

The house started swaying as I took one step at a time up the staircase. The old broken wood kept creaking as if it was telling me to go faster. Suddenly I got wafted with the stench of dead rats. I was shaking at this point. I could not do this anymore! I had to get out of here! I flew down the stairs and ran out the front door. It was pitch black and the only thing I could see was the flickering chandelier. The wind started to pick up. Then the house started swaying and waving goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nevaeh,nice writing maybe next time you could have a simile at the end to make people want to read more.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.